Sunday 28 October 2012

Blog Update

Today ruby and I got straight into the workshop. But before we did that we made sure that we could do tomorrow lunchtime to get more of it done so that we had plenty of time to get the whole assessment done before the due date. 

We started off by finishing the extenctions and support to the top of the A-Frame, which glued well. We then got Mr. Ward to help, and Ruby drilled a hole in our sling, this was a factor that made it line up with the bottom of the A-frame, not the full catapult end. This would allow us to have more force pulling down on the weight end of the sling. 
Mr Ward then drilled a hole through the other A-frame and we managed to get the whole top part lined up with not too many issues due to the un-allignment of the frames. 

I then drilled a hole through the bottom of the sling where we would hang our weight off. I was nervous but I was able to do it fairly well and it was good that I was made to do it under controlled conditions so it was harder for me to do something wrong. I also hammered the rod through that Mr Ward measured out to be a press fit and then I sanded it smooth. 

Ruby then had the idea to cut a wheel in half and use it for the pin holder. It looks really good but we will finish it later when we know the full dimentions of our cup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment